A friend of mine called a few months ago and wanted me to make her a dress for her son's wedding. I'll leave out all the crazy things that happened that almost made it impossible. I started out measuring her for a moulage. (see earlier post about moulage) when I got the muslin made and fitted she was so amazed at the fit. She couldn't believe it. She was also my first real life test other than myself of using this method. I was so excited to discover that I could actually take a piece of blank paper and measurements, and custom fit a victim. After making a moulage I took the pattern to sloper and then drafted the pattern for her dress. The dress is a two piece look with the skirt attached to the lining. It has princess seaming and raglan sleeves. The dress is very slimming on her figure. The third photo shows the lace with the rosette close up. I realize that I didn't get a photo of the lace detail finish. This first photo is not the finished lace. I also changed how the lace sits on the sleeve before it was done.
The dress is made from poly crepe in a light sage green with beautiful champagne colored lace at the neck line and sleeve. The green crepe fabric was purchased at Discount Fabric in San Francisco (don't let the name fool you) and the lace was purchased at Britex also in the city. Yes the dress does need a final pressing. She will be traveling and consequently be doing it at her destination. If I get a chance to get a photo at the local reception I will post it.