Monday, August 3, 2009

Tailored Jacket

I managed to get my SIL to take a picture of my jacket. After working on it for several months, it is ready for fall weather. It is the Sewing Workshop pattern, " San Diego Jacket".Take a look at the great lining. That along with the lime green button made the jacket an exciting article of clothing. I always have to have some fun element in my work, in this project the button and lining gave it the fun it so needed. The buttonholes are bound button holes and the pockets are outside welt pockets. It is interesting to me to see this pattern made up several times and not one of them looks like the others. When personality is added the same pattern is unrecognizable from jacket to jacket.
My SIL has a much better camera than I do. She also took pictures of my finished quilt. These look a bit better than my photos.

2 comments:

  1. That lining fabric is just gorgeous. The blue suits you well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail,I just had a look at your work and it is so beautiful. Your jacket is GREAT!!You sound like a kindred spirit who also loves to add that extra touch to make each project your own. Your quilts are to die for. I'm just finishing my first quilt today ( a baby one ) and it's made me appreciate just how much work goes into a large one such as yours. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm adding yours to my list of favorite blogs.
    Happy Sewing from Diana

    ReplyDelete